Friday, November 26, 2010

The Dynamic Balance.

The school is taught completely by volunteer teachers, which means that as new teachers come, others leave. Today we had a lunch and farewell for teachers heading home. If there was one word to describe the school's atmosphere I would say it's "personal". The students organized speeches, gifts and sang songs for the teachers heading out. The room was full of tears and emotion. I found myself welling up and I have only been there for 5 days...very manly. The genuine thankfulness is something I can't describe.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, your experience sounds incredible already. Sounds like you have quite the group of kids to teach. No shame in getting emotional...although, for the day you leave you may need to bring a box of tissues to school!

    ReplyDelete