Sunday, December 12, 2010

Lightning Never Strikes Twice...

So it happened again. I got a viral/ bacterial infection from something I ate which basically meant that everything I ate the 2 days prior came out in one way or another. In Tanz, they coined the term "riding the D train",

this time I think I was the conductor.

I ended up having to go to the hospital and get some meds to get me back on track. Unfortunately I had to miss 1 and a half days of school, which sucked. I was a mess so it was definitely for the best. I'm all good now, feeling fresh.

I went to a city called Chiang Mai this past weekend which was really interesting. A bunch of teachers from my school and the higher education school across the street all went together because Monday was the Thai King's birthday, a national holiday. They had fireworks and giant pictures of him (Giant! like 60' by 80'!) everywhere. He is currently in hospital so everyone wore pink, which is the Thai color of health, in respect of his condition.

They had a huge Night Bazaar on Sunday night which we guessed attracted 100,000+ people throughout the night. Everyone shopping. I bought lots of sweet food (prob how I got my infection...) and enjoyed the nightlife. Firebreathers, dancers, and music.

Tomorrow I start coaching the school's boys soccer team as they prepare to play against their rival in the first league game next weekend. Not sure how drills are going to work as we only have a narrow street and an uneven, overgrown field to practice on. This is where creativity comes into play...

This weekend the student's had their annual craft sale where they raised 19,000B which is about $475 Canadian! That is an unreal amount and the kids are stoked. The money goes into the student's fund where they get to decide together what to do with the money. I'll let you know what they decide...

Today was a day to raise awareness Against Child Sex Trafficking in Mae Sot. The students went to a school and performed a rally-protest song voicing their opinions. It was unreal. These kids are passionate.

Life is full. The only way I'd have it.




1 comment:

  1. I am glad you are okay! getting sick from food blows! I got sick alot in the first 2 months, but it was from the water. Hopefully your body adjusts to all thsoe new pathogens.:P!!!

    ReplyDelete