Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Movin' on up.

This week I moved out of the guesthouse where I was staying and into a house with a teacher from the school across the street. The house is very cool and very Thai. The best part of it is the front deck. The front of the house is up on stilts so my front porch/deck looks out onto the street. It has a hammock and some sweet couches...I'm probably going to spend most of my time out there. Inside there are lots of pictures of the Thai king and royal family to make me feel at home. The address is:

134/4 Intrakeree Road
Mae Sot, Tak 63111
Thailand

At school, I've started coaching the guys soccer team. I will never complain about any field in Hamilton ever again. We practice on a field that is rock hard and has move divots, stones and potholes than there is actual field. We only have one football to practice with and one that deflates after 5 minutes, designed drills for 22 guys and 1 ball is challenging but it is awesome to get to play with them. We have a tourney next week and the guys are stoked to play, the guys got school jerseys (real Madrid) to unify the team and make us look professional, however, not all the guys have shoes so some play in sandals or barefoot..which I think takes away from any professionalism the jerseys endow...haha.

I put the team captain in charge of practice today because I couldn't be there and his idea was to have a team run at 5:30am...this is what he wrote on the board:

"Footballers:
We need to practice to become the best.
Training at 5:30am, we run hard.
We need to train like we at a war.
Unity is Strength."

Intense. Funny, I grew up thinking soccer was fun. Better get my game face on. If you don't hear from me in a while it's because I've blown out my ankles practicing on our field. haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment